A competitive swim team that competes in a winter and summer local swim league as well as a YMCA league. Weekly practices will focus on stroke proficiency, endurance, speed, starts, and finishes. Practices will be held at Cedar Crest High School and the Lebanon Valley Family YMCA, A.L. Hanford Center. A Maintenance fee of $50.00 per swimmer for Silver and Gold and High School levels and a $25.00 maintenance fee per swimmer for Bronze level must be paid at time of registration. Bank Drafts will be made on the 15th of each month September through February. Program begins in September and runs through March. Call Jaci Arnold at 717-376-1327 for more details.
Beginner – New to competitive swimming / 1-3 years experience / Ideal age 4-8 years old.
- Must be able to swim ½ of a length of the pool swimming freestyle or backstroke.
Tue 5:30-6:15pm Y
Thu 5:30-6:15pm Y
Fri 5:30-6:15pm CC
Intermediate – Swimmers who have competed at a competitive level for 3 seasons / Must attend 2-3 dual meets / Ideal age 9-12.
- Must be legal in 3 strokes.
- Must be able to follow a pace clock.
- Must be able to make interval times/age and level appropriate.
- Must attend 3- 4 practices a week.
Tue 6:15pm-7:30pm Y
Wed 5:30pm-6:45pm CC
Thu 6:15pm-7:30pm Y
Fri 6:15pm-7:30pm CC
Advanced – Must be able to swim all 4 strokes legal / Ideal age 13-18.
- Must attend at least 4 practices a week.
- Must be able to achieve age and level appropriate interval times.
- Must attend 3 dual meets.
*Also includes high school swimmers until high school season begins*
Tue 6:15pm-8:15pm Y
Wed 5:30pm-7:30pm CC
Thu 6:15pm-8:15pm Y
Fri 6:15pm-8:15pm CC
High School rates apply to those who train most of the season with their high school swim team.