Lebanon Valley Family YMCA
Join WellSpan Health and the Lebanon Valley Family YMCA for Love Your Heart Day at the Lebanon Valley Family YMCA. Come dressed to move and learn what you can do to live a more active lifestyle. Please see flyer for all event details.
Healthy & Fit Facts
- Did you know that nearly 1 in 3 adults in the United States has high blood cholesterol, a major risk factor for heart disease and stroke?
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States and it is preventable.
- Top ways to reduce your risk for heart disease include:
- Increase physical activity
- Control your weight
- Manage stress
- Reduce sodium intake
- Know your numbers
- Don’t smoke
4. Your heart is about the size of your two fists clasped togethers.
5. Your heart beats approximately 100,000 times per day.
6. Exercise is the single most important thing you can do for your heart health.
7. Happiness and emotional well-being reduce your risk for heart disease.
8. Sitting for extended periods of time can increase your risk for heart disease even if you are physically active on a daily basis.
9. On average, a females heart will beat 8 more times per minute than a man’s.
10. Know the signs of heart disease.
- Pain in chest, neck, shoulders, arm
- Shortness of breath
- Coughing or wheezing
- Swelling in the legs, ankles or feet
- Irregular heart beat
- Skin discoloration
This event is hosted by: